Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. For me, the title of the files aren't displayed and the settings are not saved in the program's folder but in the Application Data of the user's profile...
  3. @ray5450 Try to disable System Restore and enable it again after rebooting. If the problem continues (no restore points although the scheduled task) then there must be something wrong with the Windows installation and if I were you I would consider reinstalling Windows. By the way, do you use any antivirus program? I used AVG but abandoned it when it started messing up with the OS functionality (now I use Avira). Avast must be pretty much the same with AVG since Avast owns AVG too. Anyway, you can try disabling your antivirus program for three days and check if it makes any difference.
  4. I use Clam Sentinel (at http://clamsentinel.sourceforge.net/ ) and set it to scan only files that are newly written to disk. Then manually set ClamWin off to do a whole disk scan when I know I am going to be away from the machine for a long time. [The same difficulty with Clam happens on my Linux box. If only there were something similar to adopt!]
  5. Or, alternatively, can they get uploaded to some other location than file sharing hosting? those links will dissapear, you know.
  6. First try worked here, but after that it broke down. I think they should take "legacy" out of the name now...
  7. Is there any way to make Clamwin take less time and not chew up my CPU
  8. Maybe someone should start a new thread "Community builds for XP" or something like that. That would make it much easier to find the new builds.
  9. OpenGL and Webgl on Radeon 9550 in KM76.2.1
  10. I was going to say something about the frequency too but that does depended on how much space you've allocated to restore points. Having a smallish 120GB SSD primary drive I reserve about 8% which in practice means about 10GB of space and 7 or 8 restore points. I put in a manual restore point every week and delete those if more than a month old but only if I've had no problem. That saved me recently; I had this weird issue I won't bore you with but I couldn't find a solution and the web site of the program involved is now just an archive with no mention of similar issues. I worked my way back through the 6 restore points I had and it was only using the last one, six weeks old, that fixed whatever the problem was. If I'd been creating restore points every three days I'd have nothing but month old restore points and how I would have fixed the problem I've no idea as I'd tried every other method I could think of to no effect. What I really wish was that there was a restore point save option either provided or as a third party tool. Whilst you can backup the Windows System Volume Information folder which contains, amongst other things, the restore points, I've never had the confidence to risk testing if they actually work months later. Instead I content myself backing up the registry once a month and hope I never have to use it. So far so good.
  11. @nicolaasjan Yes, this works. But we need to fix this regression bug which may also depend on the latest recent version of UBO Legacy.
  12. Meanwhile Mirrored.to has removed DataFileHost from their service. I've have replace it by "DownloadGG". The first post is updated.
  13. Same here. Click on "View" instead and import that address. (or right-click and copy link target)
  14. LOL! I would agree leave the ;# REMmed lines in the INF. The file is already a huge amount smaller than the original, and I can't see any harm in leaving them there so any future experimenter can see what used to be included. I think if the batch files are included there should be some sort of readme file with them to explain how to use them and why you might want to.
  15. Some how the VMWare you and I use are quite different I've reuploaded with fix language file and urschipidea in exclusions.
  16. @roytam1 Hi, There are problems with subscribing to custom lists taken from Filter List for uBlock Origin: Could you check with EasyPrivacy optimized? TH.
  17. I would say that everything is ready for "release", what has to be decided is whether to leave the ;# REMmed lines and section or remove them alltogether. (I would leave them, as they might be useful to someone with different hardware and willing to do experiments. As well, it is to be decided if the 6 (please read as 7 ) small batches are to be included or not. Naaah, a parrot happily jumping around will suffice . jaclaz
  18. i created an account because i felt compelled to reply to the sentiment i see all the time along these lines. all i can say here is thrashing microsoft because the world has changed and might seem unfamiliar to you is useless. windows 7 sucks unless you don't mind being stuck on old hardware in a world that is moving on. i remember clinging to XP until i couldn't, i remember early 7 and it sucked. they worked on it and it was great by the time i upgraded to 10. and 10 sucked but they're updating it all the time, and i've come around. it takes me maybe ten minutes to get a fresh 10 install looking like this. i've tried my hand at turning it into a full-blown linux clone as well. another five minutes and i might re-theme it with some great styles from niivu and others. i use aeroglass when i can, when i don't it's whatever as you can see from my screenshot, the gamechanger is the fact that windows 10 comes with WSL - a fully functioning linux kernel built right in. this means windows 10 is pretty much the lobby where i might play a game on steam before opening up a terminal and getting to work, using a *real* operating system. (it will even run graphical linux applications, if you need to rely on that sort of thing) and more importantly: i don't have to rely on janky 3rd party apps like rainmeter to extensively mod my desktop. windows 10 has so much powerful features built right in, or easily available. while the default experience certainly borders on intolerable for power users, the more i see replies like this i start liking it more: because to get a great OS you have to sit down and just learn a bit about it. when i see people complaining, i just see people who are unwilling to learn a little bit about their software - and that's fine if you're alright with the basic UI. sometimes it feels like the devs for 10 really work hard to give the user an incredibly powerful OS - and then they have to deal with a marketing team that will come in from time to time and demand that they cover it all up with a flashy, ad-filled UI aimed at turning the UI into a user-data-collection device. they comply, but they also ensure it's something you can easily undo.
  19. ragnargd: Thanks for the reply again.... I replaced the processor with E5800 and that fixed the FSB and its running at 3.2ghz now. i did not disable the second core and its not an issue with 98, just runs one core and when i boot into xp it uses both. in 98se i got a boost in 3d marks. So now out of all the parts this machine is running on c2d 3.2ghz with 2 ssds and one DVD-drive. The dvd does not work in 98 as it shows non atapi in bios. its LG M-disc the proper retail one, and i have that in all my computers but 98 does not like it. I have 2 ide drives on order but i dont think i will need optical drive as most cds i have made iso and mount in alcohol/daemon tools. So yes just like you my optical does not work in 98se. it works well in xp though. i tries using it with ide adapter and all, but no luck. so let it be. I understand you logic behind the broken heart :-). Let me say a few things about it: i have backup hardware, so i usually buy in 2-3 pcs to keep failure insurance. I keep all hardware in my office, in proper office trays. It is a low dust and low moisture, temperature stable place. I think the biggest enemy of HW is moisture, dust and heat. Yet i have solder station, multi meters and electrical repair stuff in case i need in future lol :-D. I have leased out a few shops to mobile repair people and they can usually fix things in case i dont have time. Still, if things fail its ok, I am a spiritual person and dont get too attached to things. I am getting old but i really like to keep memories, i have stocked up a lot of nintendo stuff, an xbox gears ice edition, a switch, all games that i like. I have 2X3ds xl, 2 new 3ds and 2 new 3ds LL japan import and some joycons, controllers etc etc etc.. And yes i plan to build an arcade machine too. In my earlier life i have been a L1, L2 and L3 tech, a tech manager with IBM and dell for 12 years in total. Now i am 40 and i plan to be done with work in about 5-7 years. I don't get enough time to play and i am currently designing a game for release. I want to get over with all work and retire early and go live in my own resort in the forest or the mountains. All this (literally old garbage :-D) that i accumulate, i will keep in a big room and remember my old life and have fun and kill some time... maybe invite some friends once in a while for party sometimes! I know it sounds odd but nostalgia is all that drives it i guess. One reason i stayed away from socket 478 is because i think there was more capacitor plague at that time than the socket 370 or 775 which are more durable overall. About further testing on windows, i will get some time and try the cf cards and the socket 370 stuff once i get the packages and keep posting details of how it worked out. Why i want to try cf card is because its natively IDE interface and most compatible with ide interface. Do keep in touch!
  20. my help fix KB2991963 (Windows XP) IME Japan Bug On Engilsh Windows
  21. I agree with most of that, except I don't recall Aero on Windows 7 being that big a problem. Now with a decade of additional cpu/gpu advancements, is Aero really something that would cause people to glitch out in windows 10. I assumed MS had other reasons to not implement it They should bring it back. Without Aero, windows 10 kind of reminds me of Win95.
  22. ClamWin Has Gotten Very Slow For Me - ClamWin Forums for comparison: Spybot 1.6.2 (weekly updated), TeaTimer uses 61MB, SpybotSD.exe uses 45 MB (KernelEx disabled)
  23. not really. https://github.com/roytam1/basilisk55/commit/09dd32d34990a47f89af35d69cc53535d8c30db8
  24. Spend part of an evening last week exploring sourceforge[dot]net. Couple great old school roguelikes were downloaded and briefly play tested: Rogue Clone IV version 2.1 and Mike's Adventure Game (MAG, query v1.1). Not sure, believe both these games were released in the 1980s. There are so many releases and variations of the original Rogue, hard to keep them straight, the original releases are much older. If the world stopped producing games, music and entertainment 20 years ago, there would still be many lifetimes of good stuff to enjoy.
  25. Hmm... a hyacinth macaw and fireworks galore, perhaps?
  1. Load more activity