Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Your fav version of Windows 9x?

98SE. No wonder I've used it as my main day-to-day OS for about 15 years!
  3. How to install Windows 7 from USB 3.0?

Yes, both on usb 2.0.
  4. Wow! I wasn't cognizant you were the developer, @wfunction! Your tool rocks! But you do know that already, I guess... Anyway, sorry: I'll certainly report any further issue at the project page... I didn't because I'm tired of "XP? update your OS!" replies I get everywhere, my bad. I see now you're striving to keep it compatible all the way throughout the Win32 capable OSes. And yes, I do confirm 5.0.3 is working great on XP, so thank you! And, BTW, @Dave-H do try it, it's really great! And it's portable: no installation needed.
  5. No auto-update for my builds as usual. People can make their auto-updater BTW.
  6. Today
  7. Your fav version of Windows 9x?

Windows 95 v4.00.950 And Windows 98 v4.10.1998
  8. Can you implement auto update in KM Goanna?[it would be great for business user's]
  9. Your fav version of Windows 9x?

Windows 98 SE ( as I only have this one . My granny said she loves 95 more)
  10. I see you already posted into Technet which seems to be the only other place this is discussed. Hopefully you get an answer there. 53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b is a device class GUID for a disk or volume. The hard drive and USB devices (including the card reader) are in that class. If this is actively happening, I would use Process Explorer to identify which svchost.exe PID is responsible for this activity. Then look at the properties of that particular process and look to these tabs for leads: Services, Threads and potentially the TCP/IP tab. Make sure to check all the svchost shown in the upper pane (oh uh enable lower pane to view the Keys at least) just in case it turns out there is more than one process reading those keys.
  11. @harkaz can I help rebuilding oleaut32. You need Petools by WildBill ,pemaker by blackwingcat ,any hexeditor and a disassembler.
  12. Google removes "View Image" button

Well, the functionality is still there. In fact, with this change it is better. When you click on an image and it shows in that black band, you can now do two things that you couldn't previously (or last time I tried). You can save-as in the preview and get the original image. Before, trying to do this would result in getting the thumbnail from google. You can view image (in the context menu on most browsers) and view the original image on the hosting domain, which is the equivalent of the "View Image" button that used to be on Google Images. These two things work in Firefox and Palemoon, and I suspect any browser that has "view image" in context menu. BUT I concede that the saving of images directly from the Google Images search results issues I mention were like that "in the past" and those behaviours may have changed sometimes between then and now, but I had not noticed this ability until the view image button was removed... because I hadn't the reason to try alternate methods.
  13. Regarding ntfs.sys there are the following differences from the previous stable version (5.1.2600.5782) 1) NtfsSetupUsnJournal 2) A) B) C) The significance of these changes and the relevance with removable drives has to be analyzed with a kernel debugger later. I will also take a look at existing documentation.
  14. Your fav version of Windows 9x?

Windows 98FE of course!
  15. SPDY does it still work?

I had tried to figure out which formula I needed to follow to reach the "% faster" answer, knowing full well that I was potentially facing a "% of" answer. In fact, the thing I was originally going to put ended up being correct. Reminds me of my college math exams.
  16. The spoiler bbcode still does something, but it does not function as expected.
  17. You're welcome. Actually there is one small patch that can be added to good old oleaut32.dll. We may need to add and debug a jmp above instruction (loop) to the good old file, so that it is jmp 0x77125785 below 0x77125788 I need somebody's help to rebuild the DLL however. Ntfs.sys is analyzed next.
  18. Thank you @harkaz for pointing out the differences and thank you all for reporting the bug. As a matter of fact, we tested the update with both Windows XP (Real Machines), WES09 and PosReady 2009 (Virtual Machines) and the bug is still there. With all the informations collected here, I contacted Microsoft to let them know about the issue. I'm confident they'll fix it and roll out a new update in the future. Cheers.
  19. Maybe, you have encountered a problem like mine. See here: https://msfn.org/board/topic/177219-no-msfn-forums-with-opera-presto-engine/?do=findComment&comment=1150983 I tried several browser. Some showed a message similar to yours. Others, the more "recent", a security error warning, or a reference to chipers.
  20. I would also like a PM @drakulaboy
  21. That guy has tested V3.8.9 beta2, everything is ok now. thank you sir
  22. Resurrecting NT4 in 2016

Thank you. That helped a lot! Also thanks to sdfox for his useful post. My D610 has Intel graphics, and from what I can see Intel never produced any NT 4 drivers for the GMA900. But I should be able to use the drivers you provided on my D810.
  23. Hi! Programs don't generally do this themselves; installers do. Do you mean I should make an installer that does this? That seems unnecessary since it's just 1 executable. You can just put it in whatever folder you like and then create a shortcut yourself -- just right-click the file and go to Send To -> Desktop (create shortcut). Then you can drag the shortcut wherever you'd like.
  24. Hi developer please can you put Swift search on start menu or taskbar
  25. windows 7 programs supported version

Pretty much what I think will happen past 2020, with the added bonus that the Win32 API hasn't been improved since Windows 7, which means, in theory, applications should remain compatible with little to no tweaking (there's still the possiblity they use some Windows 10 modern features, but who knows). Too bad AMD has already plugged support for 8.1. They supported Vista for longer
  26. No New Threads Can Be Created. Help!!!

Bugfix confirmed! Thanks!
  1. Load more activity