Help on Harddisk Imaging To CD

I currently have a 1.2GHz AMD Duron PC with 128MB DDR RAM. Every quarter (about 3-4months), I format my system drive to clean-install again my Windows XP Pro OS because it just tend to bog down. Then I realized that I could just do a harddrive image.

Now what I want to know is what hard disk imaging software can I use to backup my system that supports wrting to CD (or just creating files that can fit to a CD). It's because of the following reasons:

* I plan to write the hard disk image into CDs

* I have a low disk space and I don't have a secondary hard drive to put the image

* The will be into many CDs because the files sum up to more than a gig

* I know burning it to a DVD would be better but I don't have a DVD writer

After I have successfully put the image into several CDs, in case I would ever need to reformat my hard drive and re-install again everything, I could just restore the images.

Also, is it possible to make the CD (at least the first one of the set) to be bootable to make the restoring process easier?

I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to explain and achieve here. Please do include the name of the software/s that I would need to do this, and if your kind enough, even a guide/tutorial (or a link would do).

well, it seems that all you need is Norton Ghost. it can do everything you requested above and I really doubt you'll need anything more than the manual that's included.

a typical windows system will be mirrored on 2-3 discs while a windows server environment will take up to 8.