DirectShow FilterPack

Reino

So aren't those filters allready registered with your "DSFP_inst.bat" file?

That's right. So now you should be able to render your MP4 files.

Do you have a link to one of those MP4 files so that I can test them too?

:( Well, I just put my fresh clean copy of Windows XP on my laptop, installed FFDShow 29-11-2005, QT Alt 1.66, and the DSFP 1.9, but I still can't get the .mp4 files to work.

MPC error: Cannot load any source filter

WMP10 also gives an error.

I wish I knew what I'm doing wrong, but for now DSFP is a no go...

Do I have to configure something in the MPC filter settings?

I've had everything (un- and) checked...

Well, this is really weird...

In MPC make sure you unticked "MP4" in the Source Filters column on the Filters tab.

Furthermore:

[Test Files]
If you have installed everything correctly, and you'd like to test if everything works, you can take a look at the following links below, where you will find some sample files I've found.
-MP4 [MP4V + AAC]: (7.36MB)
http://daci.digitalsystems.cs.tut.fi/videos/daci_mpeg4_sp_cbr/walk_pal_cbr_4004k_25fps_daci4sp_aac.mp4

You can try this one as it's the same kinda video you PMed me (same audio and video part)

MP4.png

And afaik this splitter doesn't need additional files unlike the OGG Splitter for instance which needs the Microsoft C Runtime Library (msvcr71.dll) to function properly.

Have you already checked whether the Elecard splitter is even registered? I included the DirectShow Filter Manager in my package. There the Elecard splitter should be listed.

Well, this is really weird...

In MPC make sure you unticked "MP4" in the Source Filters column on the Filters tab.

Furthermore:

[Test Files]
If you have installed everything correctly, and you'd like to test if everything works, you can take a look at the following links below, where you will find some sample files I've found.
-MP4 [MP4V + AAC]: (7.36MB)
http://daci.digitalsystems.cs.tut.fi/videos/daci_mpeg4_sp_cbr/walk_pal_cbr_4004k_25fps_daci4sp_aac.mp4

You can try this one as it's the same kinda video you PMed me (same audio and video part)

MP4.png

And afaik this splitter doesn't need additional files unlike the OGG Splitter for instance which needs the Microsoft C Runtime Library (msvcr71.dll) to function properly.

Have you already checked whether the Elecard splitter is even registered? I included the DirectShow Filter Manager in my package. There the Elecard splitter should be listed.

Yes it's listed in the DS Filter Manager and your sample also doesn't work. MP4 is unticked in the source filters column of MPC. It's bugging the hell out of me that it isn't working :}

When I start the .mp4 there's absolutely nothing listed in the "filter" menu option (greyed out) in MPC. (when you right-click in the movie window)

With all my updates, I've tested a lot of different decoders. Everytime instal,uninstal,register,unregister. Somehow my system became pretty messy by doing this all the time, and suddenly I too couldn't split MP4 files anymore. A format fixed this for me, but like you said you're working now on a fresh Windows install...I acctually don't know what to make of this at the moment :unsure:

Guess What...

On the 3rd pc with a fresh XP install...it actually works... :wacko:

At least that's good news for you Corone, seems your pack is :thumbup

I did the install in another order tho:

1. QT Alt.

2. Real Alt.

3. DSFP

4. FFDShow

Well, finally got the .mp4's working on my notebook :)

But... when I check the Filters option in MPC the "Elecard MP4 Demultiplexer isn't listed???"

It is listed in de DirectShow Filter Manager tho.

Oh well, at least this is keeping me off the streets :D

Edit:

Hmmm....

After installing FFDShow (with just DivX/XviD checked in the install), QT Alt and Real Alt, I'm able to SEE the .MP4 files, just no sound yet...

When I check in MPC which filter is being used, it's "ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder" (FFV1?)

Now I'll install your DSFP 1.9 pack and configure FFDShow and see what happens...

Edited by Skillz

FFV1? :blink:

After some research (I've never heared about it) I found:

A lossless video codec based on arithmetic coding developed in the open source ffmpeg project.
I've never encountered this type of media, so I don't know in what kind of container you will face these files, and I very much doubt it has anything to do with the MP4 Splitter;
The Elecard MP4 Demultiplexer is a DirectShow filter that provides demultiplexing MPEG-4 (Intermedia Format (MP4)), 3GPP2, Quick Time 7.0 streams with MPEG-4, H.263, AVC/H.264 video streams and AAC, AMR, MP3 audio streams.
If you want to test the MP4 splitter you should try the test sample I included in the readme, or the QuickTime trailers, or just AAC Audio wrapped in a MP4 container.

• 1 month later...