Bluetooth Design replace

As far as the file being replaced, its likely that there is more than one of this program on the CD.<snip>probably in a cab somewhere.
I said that a LOOOONG time ago...

It's in the SP3.CAB (uncompressed). I'm really unsure of why it would be in both places. The Source I checked is an MSDN XP-SP3 and the "culprit" for the "overlay" is DRVINDEX.INF. It's the exact same file bit-for-bit (including the date/time). Dump the CAB to someplace, replace also that one (uncompressed) are recreate the CAB. Info on how to use MAKECAB is all over the place on MSFN and Microsoft/Technet. Search instead of asking someone to for the footwork for you. You COULD have used XP's "search" on your Source and found that out yourself. Instead, I DID IT FOR YOU (by opening the CABS, btw)! Happy now?

PLEASE, Sir BLASH, quit being so lazy! ;)

Thanks i already founded. It is exist on "DRIVER.CAB"

I uncompressed all "DRIVER.CAB" file to a single folder.

but in the real fact i don't know, how to compress whole file into .cab , HOW I DO?

Thanks i already founded. It is exist on "DRIVER.CAB"

I uncompressed all "DRIVER.CAB" file to a single folder.

but in the real fact i don't know, how to compress whole file into .cab , HOW I DO?

Nope... Not in my DRIVER.CAB. First appears in SP2a and still appears in SP3 in both I386 and SP2/SP3 CAB files.

Something is reeeeaaaalllly fishy about your "source" if it magically "moves" from the original location.

Better check that SP2/SP3.CAB for "FSQUIRT.EXE" again. I call BULLS**T!!!

edit - Must be an "HFSLIP" source...

More info -

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa362932%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

"Microsoft Bluetooth support begins with Windows XP with Service Pack 1 (SP1)"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323183

"Availability of Windows XP Service Pack 1 Support for Bluetooth Wireless Devices"

(no FSQUIRT mentioned)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811805

"Reinstall the Bluetooth stack. To do this, go to Windows Update and download any updates (specifically, any that mention Bluetooth). If you are using Windows XP, install the Windows XP Service Pack 1 Support for Bluetooth Wireless Devices or any newer service pack, which will contain the service pack."

Maybe it's in one of these?

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=bluetooth%20xp

Hmmm... doubt it...

BUT...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883259

(at bottom) "Blue Tooth File Transfer Wizard"

AND...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891595

Nonetheless... (Psssttt - HFSLIP'ed source)

Edited by submix8c

Bluetooth issue solved.

And now, will any try to help my remained issue?

1) change os name under "help and support" and under 3rd party program's info bar of OS, I mean, lately i have installed "imgburn" program, when did launched "imgburn" i saw, it is showing me a log window below the app. In which it shows "Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" how can i change this. (HEY DON'T KNOW ANY ONE, EVEN ON THIS BIG REALM {HOW SHAME} )

2) Command/script/registry to enable wmp 11 toolbar

3) a program which can state which file is chained while i launch any program.

2. Set the toolbar on. Log off and then back on. Export....

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams\Desktop]

"TaskbarWinXP"=

and maybe...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects2]

"Settings"=

1) change os name under "help and support" and under 3rd party program's info bar of OS, I mean, lately i have installed "imgburn" program, when did launched "imgburn" i saw, it is showing me a log window below the app. In which it shows "Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" how can i change this.

Well there is a problem here. There is a setting in the registry (you can search for that string to find it) but it is also kept someplace else too. And to make matters worse, Windows may end up changing that value back on a reboot or update. An OS can totally be changed, but it requires some tricks and hex editing. You can find this info in the Customizing Windows section. As an example, I totally reskinned Server 2003 to look like XP Embedded, including what you are looking to do, and more like replacing the default OS screensaver. Here is an example:

DUDE!!!!

1) - I GAVE YOU THAT and ALSO stated what Tripredacus just said. Did you look at the RTM "Differences" list Link I gave?

ALSO there are MANY PLACES that it's referenced.

a - under the PCHealth "SKU" entry (Professional_32)

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\PCHealth\HelpCtr\UserSettings\SKU

b - MANY places under "SideBySide\Installations\x86(many)\Codebases\OS"

Line#1 = "Microsoft Windows XP" <-HKLM\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductName"

Line#2 = "Professional" -OR- "Home" (probably the PCHealth one? but DOUBT IT since it's in the USER hive)

Line#3 = "Version 2002" - NO CLUE, dude! (irrelevant?)

Line#4 = "Service Pack 3" <-HKLM\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\CSDVersion"

-UNKNOWN whether ANY of (-B-) above has ANY effect!

I REFUSE to screw up my install to test this for your CHEAT!!! YOU DO IT!!!

Try VER and WINVER in a Command Prompt. ;)

Edited by submix8c

Fine... Searching TEXT in I386 (possible relevant entries)

LAYOUT.INF -

productname = "Windows XP Professional"

PRODSPEC.INI -

;Note to user: DO NOT ALTER OR DELETE THIS FILE. <--- See that? Most undoubtedly some reason...

[Product Specification]

Product=Windows XP Professional

WINNT32.MSI is OBVIOUSLY "different" (see TackTech link I gave)

SETUPREG.HIV is OBVIOUSLY different

TXTSETUP.SIF has -

"ProductType" value - NOT GOING TO GIVE VALUES

[strings]

wks_id = "Microsoft Windows XP Professional" <-- Used to fill in BOOT.INI

There is JUST TOO MUCH! Find that "warez" program that I will NOT mention to do it.

WHAT are you trying to DO? Convert Pro to Home? WON'T HAPPEN! As I said, eve that "hack" for "supposed" "Home VL" is KRAP!

If someone else wants to "volunteer" have at it. I got pestered about this and refused (I'll say no more as it's against MSFN rules)... And refuse to answer again...

So?

[Just figured I'd give back just as much info as you supplied)

Nope! not actually. while i was singing up, i thought here i will have all the solution. But really no one know? Don't mind, AFTERWARDS YOU ARE SAYING YOURSELF "SENIOR MEMBER" , "DEVELOPERS" , "PATRONS" and whatsoever like blah !! eventually thus? What a great thing! When i asked i got some reply in registry, uh why i can't find registry myself since registry has option of search. No one have answer despite many of mvp's are connected with this forum?

NO ONE HERE THINKS, I'LL KNOW NEW THING TODAY!

Since your last posted question in post #34 - http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/158158-bluetooth-design-replace/page__view__findpost__p__1010505 - three different people have responded to you - -X-, Tripredacus, and submix8c - all three giving you specific information. To which you responded:

not worked!

Which means what? WHAT didn't work? What exactly did you try? What exactly were the results of your attempts? What kind of response did you expect to "not worked!"? What exactly are you trying to do and why? We are more than happy to help you solve your problem, once we can understand what exactly you are trying to do and we are confident that what you are trying to do is legal. But, we will not do it all for you. If you are not willing, or able, to do some of the work for yourself and provide feedback when asked specific questions, then I'm sure you will very quickly find yourself on your own, if you are not already. Insulting the people who take the time to respond to your posts, even if you don't like the response, is not a way to make friends and influence people.

Have a nice day.

Cheers and Regards

Not really! Indeed, you're getting me wrong, i did not mean that you said.

Read: "Reply #34" Please!

Also my last line:

No one have answer despite many of mvp's are connected with this forum?

NO ONE HERE THINKS, I'LL KNOW NEW THING TODAY!

No one have answer despite many of mvp's are connected with this forum?

MVP= Microsoft Valued Professional

MVP<>Microsoft Vandalism Provider

You will probably find out - in due time - how the knowledge a MVP has is - generally speaking - about "canonical" ways to manage the MS OS (i.e. along the lines of what MS suggests, publishes and advices).

An MVP is the LEAST likely person to know how to hack a MS OS and even if he/she knows how, the LEAST likely person to tell you (or everyone else).

BTW, and JFYI, the contract all

"SENIOR MEMBER" , "DEVELOPERS" , "PATRONS"

signed :w00t: doesn't have a provision obliging them to help any illiterate, bad mannered, impudent kid around with making senseless modification to his/her OS as you seem to assume.

Help is given on a voluntary basis and - usually - to people that ask nicely about senseful matters and takes the time to explain in detail the issues, the goals, the procedures attempted (and failed) etc., etc.

jaclaz