Search this forum = censored !

jds

I remember a topic here about controlling the javascript excesses (eg. CPU time) experienced with many web pages.

So, I tried searching this forum for the word "javascript". The result :

"The following search terms are not allowed and were removed from your query: javascript"

What The ... ?!

Joe.

Edited by jds

Guest wsxedcrfv

"The following search terms are not allowed and were removed from your query: javascript"

What The ... ?!

Works for me:

"Your search for the term search...javascript returned 537 results"

What The ... ?!

Works for me:

"Your search for the term search...javascript returned 537 results"

Thanks.

This is weird! I've tried again and again get the same error when I use the "Search This Forum" search box. BTW, if I use the "Google Custom Search" search box, I don't get this problem, however the results are then from all of MSFN, rather than this specific forum.

Joe.

Same here. In any case, I took the opportunity to move this thread to the proper forum... :yes:

Does work if you search for "javascript" in quotation marks. Returned 601 results :)

Single quote or double quotes? :whistle: maybe "javascript" is behind the green glass door and we didn't even suspected guessed that ....:w00t:

:lol:

jaclaz

Single quote or double quotes? :whistle: maybe "javascript" is behind the green glass door and we didn't even suspected guessed that ....:w00t:

:lol:

Actually works with either single or double quotes (although only the "javascript" is behind the green glass door, while the 'javascript' is not)

There are guaranteed limitless opportunities for applying "this" behind the green glass door :thumbup (if dencorso will allow it, that is :wacko: )

:D

Edited by BlouBul

I tried this on the official IPS forums (the people who make this board) and my own forums as well. When I searched for just javascript the same error was returned.

It's most likely a type of exploit protection built in.

Does work if you search for "javascript" in quotation marks. Returned 601 results :)

Fantastic! Thanks, that's a great work-around.

This must be how wsxedcrfv did it.

OK, now I'm confused.

Green glass door?

I tried this on the official IPS forums (the people who make this board) and my own forums as well. When I searched for just javascript the same error was returned.

It's most likely a type of exploit protection built in.

Hey, it's as good a theory as any.

Makes you (me) worry though, why the board may be vulnerable to such things. Google (et. al) isn't.

Joe.

The chaps at the AutoIT forum also noticed recently you can't search for the word "color" ...

Which is true for here as well...

The following search terms are not allowed and were removed from your query: color

But it doesn't stop there!

The following search terms are not allowed and were removed from your query: border

:rolleyes:

OK, now I'm confused.

Green glass door?

Just a little affair to keep "MSFN Members" occupied during dull occasions. ;)

Ah, I see.

The chaps at the AutoIT forum also noticed recently you can't search for the word "color" ...

Which is true for here as well...

The following search terms are not allowed and were removed from your query: color

But it doesn't stop there!

The following search terms are not allowed and were removed from your query: border

:rolleyes:

Wow! Can the board really be so vulnerable that such benign words have to be censored? Someone needs to give this thing a rethink, its like one of those cartoons where some character is plugging holes in a dike with his fingers.

Maybe if re-instate the "u" where it should be.... :whistle:

Point #1

http://www.avolites.com/jokes/queen.htm

:angel

jaclaz

Aha! So that's how MS produced their "International" English dictionaries :

A. Start with the American dictionary

B. Apply Rule #1 (or #2, which is partly derived from #1)

Thus all "ize" endings become "ise", even if they're not supposed to, according to true (aka. The Queen's) English. Most annoying!

BTW, I found the thread I was looking for :

(this includes info. for FF as well as IE).

Joe.