Crysis 1.1 patch is out

suryad

Anyone tried it yet and gained any performance? Plus I read that 169.28 drivers are out from Nvidia and despite those being beta drivers they offer some boost in performance when coupled with the patch...especially for those with SLI systems...

I installed it, didn't increase any performance at all. But it probably depends what kind of PC you have.

And I'm using the latest drivers as well, but not the BETA.

See here, the most heavy game on earth and a patch is not worth it? I have my thoughts about it, but I see rather a patch which tremendously decreases systemspecs or this game is the way to go for the Xbox360?

I'm playing UT3 and this one is also very heavy. With 40 fps on my X1950XT (1680x1050 medium settings) I'm glad.

I don't think even about it. First I should spend a mere 3000 dollar on a new system.

Sorry, became disturbed by somebody. My local bycycledealer came with his bus (yes, a mobile bycycledealer)

Crysis is from EA games and I've also more titels if them. EA is really great un creating games (unfortunaly), but their code is far from optimal. That's why I aspect some performancegain from a patch and specially for this titel. Nor even my neightboor can play that game at full settings with his 8800GTX.

Edited by Extravert

No one can play the game at full settings. Thats a given. I have yet to try it because frankly I am not interested and because I have a huge catalogue of games to go through first and beat them. I am almost done with GRAW. THen Splinter CEll Double Agent, then Vegas and GRAW2, COD4 and then some more...so by the time I get to Crysis, I am sure it will be another 6 months and the price will have halved. By that time some more patches will be released, Nvidia will have had more time to beef up their drivers and then a lot of complaints about the game not running on high end hardware will be squashed. I dont know about unoptimized code and what not since I have not seen the games source code but if what I hear is correct in terms of the visuals, I am not surprised that it pushes current hardware to the limits.

i got a free crysis with my new vid card and i am getting rid of it, lol. gunna get COD4 instead.

crysis online just blows. i have to play at med settings for no lag on multiplayer. and the multiplayer isnt even that fun.