nLite 1.4 woes

bwoolley

I am slipstreaming Win XP Pro SP2, adding drivers for a Dell Dimension 9200.

While in the processing stage, nLite 1.4 reports the following error message:

Access to Reg Key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \NliteTempReg\ControlSet001\Services\iastor\Parameters\Pnpinterface' is denied. 1689

If I dismiss the error message, the processing continues and apparently finishes.

When it comes to creating the actual image, the process stalls just after the preparation stage.

Any clues as to what's going on here? I am running the software under an administrator account.

I wonder if using 1.3.5 would be a safer bet, but there is no uninstall option for the 1.4 Beta. Can I remove it by deleting the folder and any nlite Reg Keys I find?

Tried rebooting and then using the same preset?

Also that stalling at the preparation is weird, never heard of it before. Do you have DEP forced ON or some other protection, really don't know what to recommend.

1.3.5 will probably be the same. nLite does not use registry engines, only the installer for it does. You can simply delete it or run the other version from the other folder. But since nLite couldn't access your reg you're enforcing some serious blockades, maybe unintentionally, maybe broken your Windows somehow.